Community Impact: Results
RAPPAHANNOCK UNITED WAY 2021-2022 COMMUNITY IMPACT FUND
RUW's Community Impact Funds made grants to 18 Programs at 13 Member Agencies and 1 Community Collaborative for a total amount of $393,540
Click HERE to view the full list of funded programs
The Funding Process
Here’s How Rappahannock United Way Determines How to Invest Donor Dollars:
Requests for Funding
RUW Member Agencies and Community Collaboratives can submit requests for funding. 2 Year Community Impact Grants and 1 Year Capacity Building Grants are available.
Focus Areas Aligned
3 Focus Areas
Individuals with issue expertise and experience are invited to serve on RUW's Focus Area Councils and the RUW Community Impact Cabinet to align funding priorities with RUW focus areas.
The RUW Board of Directors finalize funding decisions. Together RUW staff and funded programs ensure donor dollars are used and tracked to ensure maximum impact in our community.
How we Track Change
Programs are funded based on the impact they will have on 10 outcomes in the areas of Education, Financial Stability and Healthy Living. All RUW funded programs report annually on the changes they are making in our community.
- Parents support the development of their children during the crucial birth to age 5 years
- Children are ready to start school in reading, knowledge, and abilities
- Families value education and support children through graduation
- Individuals gain the skills to meet the challenges of a changing workforce
- Families and households sustain themselves with effective financial management
- Families and households find and build employment leading to self-reliance
- Parents start their children well with health care from birth to 6 years old
- Individuals and families work to stay healthy and reduce chronic illness
- Individuals learn how to avoid risky behaviors as they grow, contributing to safer communities