To improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community.
To become the region's leader in coordinating solutions to human needs and promoting civic involvement.
- Respect: We uphold the dignity of every individual. We incorporate diverse perspectives, knowledge and experiences in our work. We value the diverse missions and expertise of our community partners.
- Integrity: Our interactions with individuals and institutions are honest and ethical. We fulfill our commitments and promises.
- Service: Giving one’s time, talent or treasure for the sake of another or for the common good is essential to a vibrant, healthy community. Compassion and caring for others inspire our individual and collective efforts.
- Accountability: Our decisions and actions conform not only to planned outcomes, but also to applicable legal and fiscal requirements. We publicly account for our performance and results.
- Stewardship: We are highly responsible trustees of financial and in-kind support. Resources the community contributes to United Way are wisely invested and managed.
Diversity and Inclusion
Rappahannock United Way aspires to integrate diversity and inclusion into all systems, policies, practices and behaviors of the organization. We are intentional in our efforts to have our staff, boards, committees, and councils represent the diversity of the communities we serve. We mobilize and partner with community groups working to help individuals emerge from poverty and achieve greater financial stability. By promoting an inclusive environment where everyone respects and values the contributions of individuals of different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, we can enrich and strengthen the quality of our work and help to ensure the success of our community.