Local government and school employees make a difference through giving
Local government and school employees in the City of Fredericksburg and counties of Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania, and Stafford have an opportunity to support local charitable organizations through the Local Government Campaign (LGC). LGC offers convenient payroll deductions.
Overseeing the Campaign: Local Government Committee
The campaign is overseen by a committee of representatives made up of employees from the various government and school districts. The committee:
- Established the guidelines for the campaign.
- Selected Rappahannock United Way as Fiscal Agent/Campaign Consultant to serve as the administrator for the campaign.
- Evaluated the agencies that apply for inclusion in the campaign.
The interests of local government and school employees were given top priority in each step of the process.
Donating through the Local Government Campaign*
In the Local Government Campaign, donors may choose up to four federations or agencies to receive your gift.
On your pledge form there is a section where you can indicate which agencies you would like to support. Each agency listed has a code. Simply fill in your selected agency's code(s) on the form. If you designate to a federation, your contribution will go to support the entire group of agencies that is represented by that federation.
*Please note: Due to the cost of processing donations, there is a minimum designation of $50 per agency per year.
Write-in designations are not available. Local health and human services nonprofit must apply annually and be accepted to the campaign in order to received designations.
If you would like to learn more about the Local Government Campaign, participating charitable agencies, or how you can get more involved in your community, please contact Janel Donohue.
Rappahannock United Way's Local Government code is 6400.
The 2023 Fall Local Government Campaign Application is now CLOSED.
Local nonprofits may apply to be included in the Local Government Campaign. Applications must be submitted annually. To apply, an agency must:
- Be a 501c3 nonprofit for at least one full year
- Be able to provide a 990 or ProForma 990 no older than the end of June of the previous calendar year (June 30, 2021)
- Be able to provide an audit (if revenues are greater than $250K/year) or financial review (if revenues are greater than $100K/year). Audit cannot be older than the end of June of the previous calendar year (June 30, 2021)
- Have a health and human services focus
Other requirements are determined by the LGC Committee.
To apply, please select the "Sign in" button if you have participated in the Local Government Campaign before, or select the "Click here to create an account" button in the "New to e-CImpact" section. For application system questions and issues, contact Janel Donohue.
You may create an account at any time. During application season, your account request will automatically bring you to the LGC Application.
*Agencies who are members of federations should speak with their federation to apply.