Financial Self-Reliance for Individuals and Households.
RUW focuses on helping individuals and households gain financial self-reliance through positive financial practices and employment. Our goal is to ensure that individuals have the skills needed to hold a steady job in today's workplace and to balance spending and savings with income.
2018-19 Financial Stability Funding
Families and households sustain financial self-reliance by obtaining and maintaining employment.
Families and households sustain self-reliance through positive financial practices.
Financial Stability Collaboration:
Rappahannock United Way collaborates with local agencies and other partners to advance Financial Stability in our region. Our collaborative efforts include:
- 9 funded programs
- RUW's Financial Stability Initiative
- Poverty Simulations
- Chamber of Commerce's "Game On" student event Sponsorship
- Free Financial Coach trainings for local organizations
- Lead Agency: Rappahannock Regional Financial Stability Coalition
- Americorps Literacy Corp
RUW Outcomes for Income:
- Positive Financial Practices: Families and households sustain financial self-reliance through positive financial practices.
- Employment: Families and households sustain financial self-reliance by obtaining and maintaining employment.
Rappahannock Region Financial Stability Coalition
For Fredericksburg resident Cynthia White, paying someone hundreds of dollars to prepare her taxes is not an option. Getting her taxes prepared for free by Rappahannock United Way is a service she’s depended on for the last five years…
Jack Rowley has held numerous leadership positions at Rappahannock United Way as a dedicated volunteer over the past 18 years. Last year he joined United Way’s Tax Team as a Volunteer Tax Preparer for the first time. Find out why he did and what he enjoyed about it…
We’d like you to meet Caleb. He’s a senior at Stafford High School and has been accepted to Albright College where he’ll receive a presidential scholarship of $25,000 a year…