Focus Area: Healthy Living
A healthy and happy community.
Rappahannock United Way is focused on creating a healthier community. We support and implement programs that help individuals and families develop healthy habits, access health resources and avoid risky behaviors. By reducing illness and injury, we hope to improve the quality of life in our area.
2020 Healthy Living Outcomes
Face coverings were supplied to local nonprofits, so that they can safely focus on their work serving our community.
Healthy Living Collaboration:
Rappahannock United Way collaborates with local agencies and other partners to advance Healthy Living in our region. Our collaborative efforts include:
- 10 funded programs
- FamilyWize Prescription Assistance
- Narcan Distribution To Local Law Enforcement Through FamilyWize Partnership
- Member: Be Well Rappahannock Council / Executive Committee
- Member: UWW Opioid Work Group
HERE ARE THE HEALTHY LIVING OUTCOMES WE TARGET:
- Manage Risk Factors: Individuals and families manage the risk factors that contribute to chronic disease.
- Avoid Risky Behaviors: Individuals will develop age appropriate skills and habits to avoid risky behaviors for themselves and create safe communities.