Focus Area: Healthy Living
$348,250 - 10 Programs - 8 Agencies
A healthy and happy community.
Rappahannock United Way is focused on creating a healthier community. We support programs that help individuals and families develop health habits, access health resources, and avoid risky behaviors. By reducing illness and injury, we hope to improve the quality of life in our area.
2018 Healthy Living Funding
Individuals will develop age-appropriate skills and habits to avoid risky behaviors for themselves and create safe communities.
Individuals and families manage the risk factors that contribute to chronic disease.
Healthy Living Collaboration:
Rappahannock United Way collaborates with local agencies and other partners to advance Healthy Living in our region. Our collaborative efforts include:
- 16 funded programs
- FamilyWize Prescription Assistance
- Community Pharmacy Sponsorship
- Childhood Trauma (ACEs) Workshop & Town Hall Sponsorship
- Suicide Prevention Workshop & Town Hall Sponsorship
- Member: Be Well Rappahannock Council / Executive Committee
- Member: UWW Opioid Work Group
RUW Outcomes for Healthy Living:
- Manage Risk Factors: Individuals and families manage the risk factors that contribute to chronic disease.
- Avoid Risky Behaviors: Individuals will develop age appropriate skills and habits to avoid risky behaviors for themselves and create safe communities.
Healthy Living Outcome Stories
Laura Ruiz is done making excuses. “My kids always wanted to go to the park and I said no,” stated Ruiz, who lives in Stafford’s Foxwood Village with her husband Olegario and four children. “It’s too far. It’s too hot. Or, it’s too…
When Caroline resident Mary Deyo got the call saying her deck would be repainted, she had just gotten out of the hospital and was delighted with the good news.
You share a meal, see what everyone’s been up to and spend time with people you care about. That’s what it’s like at Love Thy Neighbor’s monthly event at the King George Citizen Center.