THANK YOU to our Corporate Volunteers for making Day of Action a huge success!
Day of Action mobilized corporate volunteers who worked on service projects that supported Rappahannock United Way
in our three focus areas of Education, Financial Stability, and Healthy Living.
Corporate volunteers participated in various projects that made a great impact in our community.
Projects that were completed:
- Welcome Home Kit Assembly Project - 120 kits were assembled and distributed to member agencies serving low- to moderate-income households as they move into permanent, safe, and sustainable housing.
- Literacy Kit Assembly Project - 200 kits were assembled and distributed to community partners to provide early learning resources to local children in need, ensuring they are ready for kindergarten and beyond.
- Little Free Library Build Project - RUW in partnership with Little Free Library works to build a community, inspire readers, and expand book access for all through a global network of volunteer-led Little Free Library book exchange boxes.
- Toilet Paper Distribution Project - 960 toilet rolls, generously donated by our friends at Publix, were collected, counted, and distributed through our partner agencies. A vital household item that can be very expensive for local ALICE households living on a fixed budget.
- Pride Candy Project - 200+ candy items were branded with rainbow stickers. These items will be distributed by our staff at local Pride events throughout the month of June.
Day of Action Supporters
Breakfast - Wawa
Lunch - United Healthcare
Supplies - Sheetz