Want to impact the community?
Volunteer at Rappahannock United Way and join us as we work to improve the lives of individuals and families in the Greater Fredericksburg area. Here are some ways you can help:
Why is our free tax preparation service so successful? We have a team of dedicated volunteers that give their time to helping our community’s families and individuals prepare their tax returns. You do NOT need to be a tax expert to volunteer; we provide training and support. We need:
- Greeters who welcome and pre-screen clients.
- Preparers who help clients file returns.
- Tax Coaches who assist clients in filing their own tax return using free tax filing software.
- Financial Coaches who assist clients with setting up a checking or savings account, saving money, and more.
Citizen Reviewers are vital in determining how donors’ dollars are channeled into the community. They evaluate partner agencies and develop funding recommendations based on which programs they determine will have the greatest impact. RUW donors, supporters, and volunteers are especially encouraged to apply as a Citizen Reviewer.
*Please note: Employees of RUW Member agencies are not eligible to participate.
A Volunteer Citizen Reviewer:
- Evaluates grant applications.
- Visits funded sites.
- Makes recommendations for funding to the RUW Board of Directors.
Work with RUW to make a difference! Occasionally, Rappahannock United Way needs volunteers for light office work and event assistance.