Community Impact: Results
Rappahannock United Way 2019-2020 Community Impact Fund
2020 Funding: $284,840 invested in Community Impact Programs
RUW's Community Impact Fund made grants to 16 Programs at 13 Member Agencies for a total amount of $284,840
The Funding Process
Here’s how RUW determines how to invest donor dollars:
More than 50 Reviewers
50+ Volunteer Citizen Reviewers on 14 panels evaluate and prioritize 2 to 3 programs each.
Focus Areas Aligned.
3 Focus Areas
Focus Area Committees and the RUW Investment Committee align panel priorities with RUW goals and available funds.
The RUW investment committee and Board of Directors finalize funding decisions.
How we Track Change
Programs are funded based on the impact they will have on 10 outcomes in the areas of Education, Financial Stability and Healthy Living. All RUW funded programs report annually on the changes they are making in our community.
- Parents support the development of their children during the crucial birth to age 5 years
- Children are ready to start school in reading, knowledge, and abilities
- Families value education and support children through graduation
- Individuals gain the skills to meet the challenges of a changing workforce
- Families and households sustain themselves with effective financial management
- Families and households find and build employment leading to self-reliance
- Parents start their children well with health care from birth to 6 years old
- Individuals and families work to stay healthy and reduce chronic illness
- Individuals learn how to avoid risky behaviors as they grow, contributing to safer communities