Interested in becoming a Member Agency?
The challenges our community faces around Education, Financial Stability and Healthy Living can not be solved by any one agency alone.
That's why Rappahannock United Way not only invests in their own direct services, but also in those of our Member Agencies. By working together we can create a community where all people are hopeful, resilient and self-sufficient.
Nonprofit agencies based in and serving all or part of Planning District 16 (the City of Fredericksburg and counties of Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania and Stafford) whose program work aligns with our focus areas of Education, Financial Stability, or Healthy Living may apply for annual membership.
RUW Membership Requirements
Potential RUW Member Agencies must meet certain requirements in order to be considered for membership. During the application process, you will be required to confirm that:
- Agency is incorporated as a nonprofit organization with tax exempt status under IRS Code 501 (c)(3)
- Agency has held 501(c)(3) status for a minimum of 2 complete fiscal years
- Agency has an independent local governing body
- Minimum of five voting members who:
- Are unrelated to Board Members and/or Senior Staff
- Are volunteers (not compensated)
- Have no material conflict of interest
- Meet at least quarterly to exercise effective financial, service and administrative control
- Agency has current registration with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services under the Virginia Solicitation of Contributions Law
- Agency is in compliance with provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act and anti-terrorism measures
- Agency is in compliance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws and regulations
You will also be required to show financial information, documentation, and a list of your current board. This member agency requirements document is a self-assessment tool. You may use it to determine whether or not your agency can meet the minimum requirements for RUW membership. If you apply, you will be asked to complete this form online as part of your application packet. These requirements are subject to change.
Meeting these requirements does not automatically mean acceptance. Membership decisions are made by the RUW Board of Directors.
For more information about the 2022 Rappahannock United Way Membership process: